AlpineDave

AlpineDave
Climbing

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Bored, NEED CLIMBING FIX!

So what do I do?  Like every responsible climber in need of a quick climbing session and in a place where climbing crags are lacking (Augusta, GA) I decided it would be a good idea to build my own climbing wall.

Framing the wall, used 2x4s spaced them 16" on center just like a normal wall

setting up the uprights, used 2x6s going from the top to the bottom, then across the bottom

back side view, for the plywood I used 3/4 inch

the wood working finished

Now time for the fun!  Used metolius bouldering holds to set my first route named, Home Sweet Home probably about a V2.  I just received some new holds, i'll post another of the finished product.

Overall the climbing surface is 8' tall and about 6' wide.  Use a 3/8 drill bit to drill out holes for the bolt on holds, and then just hammer in the t-nuts.  Metolius probably has the best deal on holds packages, plus they come with all the hardware you need to attach the holds.

Climb on!

No comments:

Post a Comment